1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone modified Marlin sw on a C2 to get a Heated Bed?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Bogiewon, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Bogiewon

Bogiewon New Member

Yes, that makes sense given the C2 pin is set to -1 in your code. Which connector are you using for Case_Lights?

I'll do some experimenting. Maybe Robo took your methods to heart if the R2 lights are now controllable out of the box. I liked the RGB strip control I saw at the end of your config.h, however that was for a later investigation. The C2 LEDs come on whenever the unit is powered. That could be done with just a power pin. Firmware changes to avoid wiring changes seemed straight forward.

Would there happen to be mapping of these pin numbers to I/O connectors? Or at least mapping from a board somewhat similar?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Good luck finding that, Robo uses a proprietary board and there are no pinouts. If you look at the two threads listed you can see where the LED strips are connected, you could connect those case lights to those pins since the C2 uses the same mainboard. The ojnly difference is that the C2 comes with a 19V power supply and the R2 comes with a 24V supply.

The rPi inside the case is just a stock raspberry Pi so its pinouts are well documented.

The C2 and R2 uses the same case lights, and while they might be sufficient to light the interior of the C2 they serve almost no useful purpose in the larger R2, hence why there are two mods for the R2 lighting.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

On the plus side -- if you are adventurous-- you could replace the custom controller board with an Arduino Mega 2560 and a RAMPS and re-land all the wires THEN you could do whatever you please :)

[probably why it is not something anyone has tried yet, but it would be feasible -- just go back the standard Motherboard settings in Marlin for the R1 series]