1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

This one's a long shot but does anyone know where I can get this?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by adikted2astro, Jan 31, 2019.

1. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

I need this plastic piece with the spring underneath it. Notice this one has fractured. It's working for now, but I'm backlogged with prints and the last thing I need is for it to fail and not have a replacement. I doubt this is a universal part that is available online, but I figured I should check with you guys to see.

I called Robo, but of course "nobody is available to take your call, please call back". I left a message but no idea when I'll get a reply.

20190131_144419.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Epoxy it in the mean time and email them at least -- that might get it started.

or try this: https://robo3d.com/pages/rma

(I'd still call them at some point to make sure it went through)

#2 mark tomlinson, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. adikted2astro

I called and left a message and just sent in a support ticket. The last time I had to replace something, they actually replied to my email really fast and sent me what I needed within a day. I hope this experience will be similar.

In the meantime, I do have some very strong epoxy I can use.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Jerome Helbert

Which part is cracked? That small plastic part with the screw is actually removable cover and not part of the assembly that the spring presses against to give tension on the bearing. You can take that screw out without it affecting the lever/bearing/spring piece. It's actually just a coarse thread screw into plastic underneath it .

If you remove that screw and the cover, you will be able to see the actual screw that holds the whole thing in place.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea that looks like the cover doesn't it :)

6. adikted2astro

I actually didn't know that. I was in the middle of a 30 hour print and couldn't stop to take it off. But if it's not a necessary part of that mechanism. I won't worry about it. Thanks for letting me know. I'm quite relieved. I'll take a look at ur when I can.

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Or cad one up and print it :)

8. Jerome Helbert

I don't think there is actually anything wrong with it, pretty sure that's how mine looks. It's just not a very well fit piece.

I only found this out because my lever started getting all wobbly on me. I kept tightening down that screw (to the point that I am sure I have partially or mostly stripped the plastic it goes into) without any luck. I finally removed it and found the real screw that needed to be tightened.

I'm not sure this cover even has a functional need. Pretty sure it'll work just fine without it.

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Somewhere there is a cad file here on the forum for that piece. I uploaded a fast and dirty one then @Jerry RoBo 3D revised a IM part file to be printable and 8uploaded it. It’s in a R2 thread... somewhere... lol

10. adikted2astro

I'll see if I can find it. I took it off Saturday and you guys are right, it only functions as an aesthetic piece. This is possibly why Robo has completely ignored my voicemails and emails.

Geof likes this.
  11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Nah, that I blame on poor customer service.
    They know they need to get better :)