1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Original R2 bed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Todd Wessendorf, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

Anybody wanna sell their original R2 bed? The one that used to detach . . . .

My little spring contacts broke, and instead of a new one, they sent me this magnetic / magtek / buildtac / whatever it's called madness that is just awful in my opinion. I have to do alignments all the time now as the distance from the print head to the bed changes between prints.

I'll buy it outright, or swap for the garbage I have (that is unclean-able, by the way)

Takers?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Todd,
    I've got a stack of the V1 bed with PEI. Do you need the bed or the pogo pins?

3. Todd Wessendorf

I would actually need the little board with the pins too. I was just going to build it up with solder or something, but if someone had that little board too, that would be a miracle!

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think somewhere I have a Pogo pin board that is good. I will have to look to see if I kept it or tossed it. It is used. @WheresWaldo did a thread on converting the V1 bed to be a direct connection like the V2 boards. I did this on one of my R2 units (and why I have a stack of V1 beds) I can very easily do this for you if needed.

5. Todd Wessendorf

Geof, that would be greatly appreciated. If you find the Pogo pin board, I'll take it. (mine got damaged in a move, I believe . . . should have pulled off the print bed before boxing).

If you find it, let me know your price and I'll send you my shipping details.

Thanks for the effort and for following up!

Todd

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If I can find it just pay shipping. The only reason I would have kept it is for an instance like this :D.

I will say long term you'll want to modify a bed to a V2 as Robo no longer produces pogo pins so it wont be long before they cant be had anywhere :(

7. Todd Wessendorf

Thanks!

I have already converted, but I'm just very unhappy with it. Prints are too hard to remove, some material is still on there and won't come off 3 months later no matter how much scraping. And one print will print fine, but then the 2nd will start either too high or too low. Consecutive prints never seem to start at the same height leading me to believe that the V2 bed swells with heat or something. V1 bed always worked perfectly for me, and just wanna go back. Then, when it breaks again, I'll retry the V2 bed again sometime in the future.

:)

T

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I gotya. No worries. I'll look for the board this weekend. Ping me if you dont hear from me

9. Todd Wessendorf

:)

Any luck finding the board?

Todd

10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Todd,
    I've found the beds, still looking to see if I kept the Pogo board (if you saw my inventory area you'd cringe lol). I'm thinkin I may have tossed it...but that seems out of character for me lol!