1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Auto leveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bd182, Mar 3, 2019.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Way back when I used matter control it did very wierd things with the macros as well as changing various settings via eeprom for whatever reason. Was quite an annoying piece of software. If your inserting the M565 into the start up scripts section that trumps all and has to be as mark described it (because whoever did marlin decided opposite of whats intuitive for most makes more sense lol).

Dont get to hooked on what matter controls doing is all I'm saying :D Its an odd bird.

3. Bd182

Bd182 Member

May I ask what you use?

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Most of the time Simlpify3D. Not for the DLP printer though, for that one we use nanoDLP.

Geof likes this.
  5. Bd182

Bd182 Member

It appears that the 3D gods are not done with me yet. After clearing my totally clogged hot end twice, then spending a day getting the bed level again, I started printing some small jobs. They came out goopy. Looking closely, I see that filament is oozing out around the outside of the nozzle and the heater block spins. You will immediately think "what kind of dumb*** doesn't know about heat tightening a nozzle change", and now you know. I consider myself lucky not to have broken a thermistor wire yet, but that luck won't hold with all my manhandling. I have read that there are thermistors that require firmware changes and ones that are compatible with the R1. Can you point me to a spare thermistor that's a plug and go for my R1?

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Geof likes this.
  7. Bd182

Bd182 Member

I have an R1+. Can I use any 100K glass bead thermistor? I know mine is in a small brass tube, but that's easy to fabricate. Any reason not to get the Ultibots thermistor and put it in my own canister?

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The R1+ uses a canister style, where the glass bead is embedded in a metal can.
    You can fabricate that however you like :) You might even be able to salvage the can on the one you have.