1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Confused

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Lance Weston, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

Robo sent me the configuration.h and all other files for the R2. Getting there.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. Lance Weston

Could it be as simple as using the configuration.h file for Robo R2 and and Motherboard.h for Ramps 1.4?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You do not need to worry about motherboard.h as the Arduino mega 2560 and RAMPS combination is already a defined motherboard (#define MOTHERBOARD 33).

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Unless the two versions of Marlin are exactly the same, you cannot simply swap in Robo's Configuration.h. You will cause yourself no end of working out why it won't compile as you go through all the myriad errors that will appear in the Arduino IDE. Marlin is continuously updated and when you decide to use it on March 25th you can't even guarantee that it will be exactly the same on March 26th.

Geof likes this.
  5. Lance Weston

Who knew the header files would be critical. I guess I just copy data over line by line, and then modify the motherboard header.

Just got in the Xyltech Ramps. The board has two separate 12v busses. The 12V to he Arduino board can be used if you lift and move the Anode of the 4004 D1 over to 12V2 which will be our only 12v buss. The 12v buss common to the steppers and D10 an D9 can now be 24v. That provides two 24v outputs and 24v to the steppers. You have to swap the Blower Fan with the bed power in wiring and configuration to supply the correct voltages. There is one aux connector labeled 12v that will now be 24v. I have to move the 5a50v PTC to where the 11a16v PTC resides. I have or put in an 11a fuse where the 5a50v PTC was. The FETs are all P55N06, should be able to run all day long at 30a. The 100uf decoupling caps are all 35v. Ideally they would be 50v for long life but 35v will probably last 5 years. I have ordered a 24v->12v @ 5 amp step down regulator board from China, that attaches to the input closest to D8. Neither of the power busses goes to the Arduino board so this is a pretty easy modification. In an ideal world I would change the resistors driving the leds on the be and hotend, but I do not care about their shortened life.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Might want to start a project thread to document this all in...
    for science :)

7. Lance Weston

sounds good, I do not know how to do that. My common refrain. Give me the info and I will do it, but would be absolutely okay with you doing in. I would be happy to include pictures and instructions/questions as it progresses.

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

9. Lance Weston

Attached drawing shows mods and wiring to shield board

Attached Files: