1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

LCD Screen not working

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KTMaster, Apr 2, 2019.

1. KTMaster

KTMaster New Member

Hello there

I have a Tronxy X5S-2E (3D Printer), a Fysetc F6 V1.3 motherboard and the included LCD screen). Now I have plugged everything together. The motherboard has power and the LCD screen is white. So I started with the installation of the LCD Firmware. I used the ADVi3pp firmware and did everything like in the guide. I've used "Win32 Disk Imager 1.0" to load the .img file to the micro SD card. After that I downloaded the marlin .hex file form the guide and uploaded that directly to the mainboard via " Xloader". The upload worked, the mainboard LED was flashing while uploading and Xloader showed "upload finished". So I plugged the micro SD card into the LCD screen and turned on the power. Still, the same result, the LCD screen was just white.

My question now is, what did I do wrong and why is my LCD screen just white?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Perhaps a cable is reversed?
    Some LCD screens have that possibility (the cables are not keyed or they have two plugs keyed the same and you can get them wrong)
    Or the contrast adjustment on the LCD is just cranked too high
    Or the firmware is wrong (not familiar with that printer so can't speak to that firmware).

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Moving this to non-Robo R1 section. Not a Robo :)

Still happy to try and add value though.

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

5. KTMaster

KTMaster New Member

Hello thanks for the fast reply. I have already tryied to all cable options with the same result. The problem is probably the firmare it selve. Or its because of the micro SD card size (in the guid it sais to use a max. 8 GB card) but im not sure.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Hey, @KTMaster is the X5S-2E a touchscreen version with the 32-bit board or is it the Melzi 8-bit version with the Full Graphics LCD?
    I have an X5ST-400

Geof likes this.