1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New owner of an R1 with ?s

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by David Pruitt, Apr 2, 2019.

1. David Pruitt

David Pruitt New Member

Hello, I just bought a used R1 from a yard sale. The seller knew nothing of the condition of the printer so I got a great deal on it. I need to get it up and running. I know the extruder has a broken pressure bar and everything else looks good. My question is, how do I test it since it has no sd slot and no lcd. All my previous 3d printing experience is from printing with SD cards and lcd operation.
    Once I figure that out i'm looking at upgrading what I can to make reliable. A list of suggestions or a link to a good source would be awesome.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Even the Original R1 had an SD card reader. It is hidden under the bottom edge of the printer near the USB port plugin. Look for the slot down there.

You can also hook a computer up with a cable to the USB port and use a host program (repetier host, mattercontrol, etc) to directly print to the machine over the USB port.

There are some other videos under this link:

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/helpful-videos-novice-expert.7478/

#2 mark tomlinson, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

if you attach some photos of your broken bit we can suggest where to print a new one. And as a side note I think its pretty awesome you found it at a yard sale lol!

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

All of the plastic parts are printable so if you can post a link to a photo of your part we can as @Geof said help you out :)