1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Grinding noise while printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 4sfaloth, Apr 8, 2019.

1. 4sfaloth

4sfaloth Member

My R1+ started making this very irritating grinding/crackling noise when under operation. You can see an example here:

I believe it is related to the Y/Depth axis as it seems more intense when the printer moves fast in that direction. I already tried lubrificating it, but to no avail

It seems to be printing fine, but the noise really is very irritating (usually I can easily bear to be on the same room as the printer, but not like this). Also I am concerned it might be stressing some part and that it will start malfunctioning soon.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like one of your binder clips is rattling. if you take the metal "prongs" off the clips or touch them while its making the noise and it stops you'll know for certain.

3. 4sfaloth

4sfaloth Member

spot on! Phew, that's a relief. I'll try to find a better way to join the glass pieces then

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I just take those metal clips off and put them in a drawer until I need to remove the glass- then pop them back on and remove them :D. A little tape on them or superglue would likely do it too :D Not to much superglue. Just enough to hold them in place but still be able to break it free.