1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Tried to install OP plugin Octoprint Anywhere and got this update suggestion

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SoLongSidekick, Apr 2, 2019.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Even our 'friend' whose user starts with a d and ends in 1 wasn't banned, but he hasn't been on since Nov of last year. OSG wasn't banned either, but he was misrepresenting himself as a normal user rather than a Robo employee, which he was at the time.

In any case, if you feel someone was unjustly banned from the forum, then contact an admin via PM and if the circumstances were public and they were actually banned then you will get the proper response. Also please note that banning and making someone feel unwelcomed (even though this is never intentional) are completely different things.

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sadly they may have gotten sucked up in the spam filters and if that is the case it would likely need administrative action to address (and probably outside of my bailiwick too)

WheresWaldo and Geof like this.
  3. SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick Active Member

OutsourcedGuru.

I'll reflash my SD with my backup and try again, thanks for the help.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Was not banned. Account is still an active account. He did have quite the problem with me, in which there was a conversation with Robo Admins and the volunteer staff here regarding what he said and he hasn't been back. The staff here DOES NOT ban without good reason (limited to spam in the entire time I've been here) regardless of someone having an issue with one of us.

It is entirely possible since he was under a facade of being a "typical user" and wasn't, including private messages proving he wasn't and trying to flex some assumed power that Robo stepped in and dealt with it without our knowledge. The Volunteer staff here has no idea what Robo does or doesn't do past what they tell us. Typically if they take action against one of their employees, we dont know.

mark tomlinson and WheresWaldo like this.
  5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

OSG was never banned, if he said so it wasn't by us and is simply untrue. There are issues for companies when you post as a regular user and actually work for the company. At the time Robo policy was that every post by an employee was considered gospel truth so all postings should have been vetted and/or approved by higher ups in the company. I believe he was told by Robo management to stop posting, as some of his posts reflected poorly on Robo.

Now, with that information and what @Geof gave, you should now have concluded that no one here drops the ban hammer on anyone that contributes to this forum in an open and honest way.

Geof likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Ah, I wondered where he had been. His account is not banned and still open/active.
    I know there was a bit of a kerfluffle after he was hired by Robo. He was not representing himself as an employee here and I think they took that askance -- we certain did once we found out, but we took no actions other than requesting he alter his user badge to reflect that he was in fact an employee (Harry and the others with Robo always did that).

Geof likes this.