1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2/C2 Linear Rail Bracket Ends

Discussion in 'Projects' started by WheresWaldo, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I would agree that the software/firmware is indeed open source, but not the hardware. At least not completely (and it has not been for some time). The forum has done a lot to fix that :)

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I am not even 100% on the Software is Open Source, yes some of it comes from OSS repositories, but certain parts of their code were never released, like RoboLCD. Or how they actually put RoboOS together in the first place. Also using their own forks instead of mainline code with restrictions built in to force you back to their own repositories if you try to use mainline code, not very open source if you ask me.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, some of the OS side software is indeed questionable.
    As for firmware since they have changed nothing of consequence I can't fault them too hard for not doing a commit back, but maybe the offered and Scott L. declined. Totally a black box since they don't communicate much :)
    At least they had some (or most of it if you ignore the LCD stuff) in GitHub repositories.

4. Terminal

Terminal New Member

Is there a tutorial on how to replace these easily ?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Likely nothing other than this thread
    The main docs are over here, but this is not covered

https://help.robo3d.com/

6. ColinM

ColinM New Member

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I've got a reclaimed R2 that needs these new brackets. I've tried to DL the models with trial membership of Fusion Web. How might one get the files a more common way or what am I missing on using Fusion to DL.
    I'm new at this, so please excuse any obvious misses.
    Thanks

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The only thing I can suggest is to reach out directly to the poster via a direct message/conversation (top left of the screen) and see if they can provide them. Many of the original members are no longer around, but if they are still at their registered email address they should get a DM if you send it.

I can't see a way to download them either or I would post them on a shared drive.

8. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I don't know what a linear rail bracket end is, but try contacting Jonah@partsbuilt.com. He has many parts that are not listed.