1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved small tube printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mmartin3, Jul 12, 2019.

1. mmartin3

mmartin3 New Member

Hi -

I'm using a Robo R1+.

I recently reinstalled Windows and had to start with some old Config files for setting up Repetier Host and Slicer. Most prints come out a-ok - but I've been trying to print some small tubes that keep coming out like the picture you see - a mess!

Any ideas of which settings to tweak to try to get this looking better? Tried .2 and .3 layer heights, always print with a brim. Tried some temperature variation around 200 degrees. Any help would be appreciated!
    slicer06a.jpg Slicer01.jpg Slicer02.jpg Slicer03.jpg slicer04.jpg slicer05.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not enough cooling.
    print head coming back over plastic that is still melted.

Check your slicer for a minimum layer print time and increase that to give the layers time to cool.
    Increase your parts cooling fan speed to maximum as well.

3. mmartin3

mmartin3 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I turned temp down about 8 degrees and ran it at about half the speed I had been using - tube turned out much better. Thanks!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Excellent.
    If you look at the picture you posted (5th from the left pr 2nd from the right)

There are settings on there for layer print speeds and times. You can set those to number that work for you and then not have to worry about the max print speed. The slicer will do that for you.