1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo 3D R1+ Ignores z-offsets

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Yacobeeb, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Yacobeeb

Yacobeeb New Member

Hello everyone thanks in advance for the help!

So I have this ROBO 3D printer for a few weeks now and can't for the life of me figure out why the z-axis offset gets ignored by the printer. I can print with no issues but I have to baby-step up the z-axis in MatterControl to the right height after it runs the start g-code to avoid it grinding into the print bed. Which is annoying and I would just like it to work as intended. I am not an expert so excuse any ignorance. I am willing to start from the top and retry things.

*This may be my problem* but when I bought this off an action website and didn't see what was inside. Turns out the glass was broken inside and I replaced with another piece of glass purchased at the thrift store as seen here. This shouldn't be an issue though because of auto bed leveling right?

Software I use:
    MatterControl 1.5 (because the newer version I guess does not work well with this printer sadly)
    Ultimaker Cura 4.1.

The firmware I have tried:
    Stock Robo 3D r1+ Firmware
    Marlin 1.1.9
    Bugfix 2.0 version of Marlin in this thread reposted by WhereWaldo here (which did work but caused other issues for more me personally. may have been something I did.)

What I have tried so far:
    -ensured both points that connect to metal rods on the z-axis were level.
    -ensured both switches were hitting the contacts correctly.
    -set offsets in the g-code of Marlin 1.1.9
    - set offsets in the start-up
    -downloaded Z offset setting plugin from Auther fieldOfView in the Cura marketplace
    -Turned off auto or hardware leveling in MatterControl as suggested in this thread here.

Let me know what other information that would be helpful or let me know where you think I should start.

2. Yacobeeb

Yacobeeb New Member

I basically reflashed the firmware again to the ROBO3DR1PLUSV2 original Firmware and only used MatterControl to slice and set the z offset for my files and it seems to be working now...

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is only happening with Marlin 2.x then there may be something new in there that is contributing as well -- I have not yet moved a printer to marlin 2.x so someone else can speak for that. I have not had a reason to move any of them off of marlin 1.x (and one -- the delta -- is running repetier firmware 1.x).

@WheresWaldo might have experimented with with or one of the other folks :)

4. Yacobeeb

Yacobeeb New Member

I appreciate the reply. I think I didn't get a good download of the original firmware before I guess. Not knowing any better I thought one of the more recent releases would have help me lol. I guess I will be looking into what firmware your using when I make some up grades down the road.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The latest official one from Robo for the R1+ is version 1.0.x of Marlin -- You heard that right.
    All of the later ones were put together by folks in the community and are tested and supported by the community.

Geof likes this.