1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Selling a Palette+

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by adikted2astro, Jul 22, 2019.

1. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

So I bought a Palette+ about a year and a half ago and I honestly never use it. I was going to try selling it on ebay, but I thought I'd post a thread here. It's in perfect condition, like new, with all hardware. I'm only asking $400. If you are interested, let me know patrick.j.wayne at gmail.

I can provide pics too.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention, well two actually, is the manufacturer (Mosaic) has outstanding customer support/service. They will answer any questions, or help with anything and they do it fast. I was very impressed with them. Also, I forgot to mention that I printed a small, angled block that mounts the scroll wheel to the back of the R2 (if that's what you have), which is also included.

#1 adikted2astro, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not a bad deal :)

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Best of luck with your sale ! With the pallete 2 out for 500 it might be a rough sale but I’d bet someone will be interested

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I agree, we picked up a used Palette 1 a while back for about that (ignoring the fact that they included an unused R1+ with it of course).

:)

5. adikted2astro

Yeah it might be rough. I'd be willing to go lower, but not much.

Geof likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Might try the mighty eBay and post some pics of some fancy multicolor prints. Might intrigue someone enough to not notice there is a newer version. Sounds like a harsh thing to do but it’s not on you to give them any more info than what it is and it’s current state :)

7. adikted2astro

I found a Palette+ on ebay for sale for $350 and that one is supposedly brand new. I'd be willing to take $300 for mine.

8. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Seems like a "Rube Goldburg Machine". Does it actually work well with a Robo Printer? What slicing software is necessary to take advantage of the multi-color printing? What about the cost of shipping the unit?

Sounds interesting and it would be nice to use PVA support instead of the mono-material supports.

#8 tkoco, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

10. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is true no matter HOW you dual multi-color or multi-filament printing :) Even real dual extrusion requires a dual extrusion ready model. For this they just happen to have an intermediate software that handles the multi-color/multi-part sections in a way that is workable with their component.

I know that many folks envision multi-color or multi-material prints as just needing the mechanical parts -> <magic> occurs -> poof multi color prints!
    Not quite that way ;)

#11 mark tomlinson, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  12. adikted2astro

It's worked well every time I used it. I was even successful using PVA support with a PLA model. Any slicing software is fine, but you have to import your sliced model into Chroma, which is what the machine uses to print multi-color/material. Or you can use Mosaic's Canvas server which does the same thing. As far as shipping is concerned, I'll pay for it as long as it is in the continental US.

13. adikted2astro