1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

RGB LED Wiring Diagram and Code

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Marquis Johnson, Sep 21, 2015.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

OK, if this is a standard RAMPS 1.4 then this should work fine (can not speak for the R1+ version)
    Either way decide what version of Marlin you want this in and we can help you merge in the changes.

2. XxGingerSharkxX

okay here is the version of I wanted to use from WhereWaldo. I already tweeked to code to have the filament runout code to use pin 20, uncommented the Configuration.h TEMP_STAT_LEDS and defined STAT_LED_RED BLUE AND GREEN PINS to 4, 5, and 6 respectively

Attached Files:

3. XxGingerSharkxX

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

OK, will need to look through that version -- on the bright side at least the version you are looking at using is not wildly newer than those modifications :)

and to be certain -- you are using RGB LEDs?

5. XxGingerSharkxX

Yep. I had some left over from a project my dad had. I followed these steps for the original for Robo for r1+. I made the circuit from the video and punched in the code from the tutorial for the official frimware and it worked. [​IMG][​IMG]l

6. XxGingerSharkxX

I tried running the Frim as is but it seems to have the leds stay red. I went back and loaded the original R1+ code with the edits, light and lcd. But now the blue doesn’t activate during the warm up sequence. I mean it will flash the Red, blue, green when started and go white. But now it just goes from off to red when warming up. I’m going to redownoload the code and reinstall it after work. The original not the mesh plus 12 01

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. XxGingerSharkxX

Well good news is that my printer is fine, but somewhere along the RGB line there is a short. I’m not sure if it with the ribbon cable I made, the circuit board, or the leds themselves. It will work for a bit and then act like there is a cross in the connections. The red stays on and then green a few seconds later.

I may replace the board with another I made with the wrong npn transistors. They were npn, but for audio. They have all the lights stay on giving me white. I may just leave it as is until my new heatpad for my new bed comes in.

#47 XxGingerSharkxX, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  8. XxGingerSharkxX

Well turns out there was some thing wrong with the board I made. The original. Luckily I have a shop that like radio shack near by. So I’ll try and score new transistors