1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

ColorFabb PLA issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BJS227, Oct 22, 2019.

1. BJS227

BJS227 Member

OK, I’ve been printing with ROBO Pla with much success and now with the limited quantities I have switch to ColorFabb brand and have been having some issues. I’ve made sure the bed is flat and offset is correct. Also, I played with reducing the zoffset through the fine tune zoffset. Seems to only be an issue at an starting points. Check out the pics of the cura settings. Any suggestions?

View attachment 17669

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

1) every spool of filament is different.
    2) The temperatures and feed rates that BEST suit it will vary from the next spool (more so if you vary manufacturers).
    3) as filament ages it changes "best" settings too, PLA is the worst of the bunch in that regard.

What (specifically) are your failures?

3. BJS227

BJS227 Member

im sorry. Look like my pic didnt upload in the first post. Would explain your question. LOL LMK Thank you in advance! plaissue.jpg

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I think I would tweak temperature more than Z offset with those failures*, but I defer as always to the grand plan: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

Not specific to their slicer, the advice works with any.

*temperature will always be filament specific, Z offset is always mechanical and will not change with the filament. If you replace hardware that affects it THEN it may change.

Geof likes this.