1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

A few issues...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DaveKerk, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The only firmware for the R2 I have is a very old 1.1.6 from Robo as a hex file. I cannot seem to locate my source. If all you need is the firmware this will get you there- I dont know about updates after this file as I cant recall when the last update happened. Hope its helpful- I had to zip it so the forum would let me attach.

Attached Files:

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. DaveKerk

DaveKerk New Member

Ok I finally had more time to sit down with this thing...
    The Firmware Update option isn't finding the HEX file on the USB. I'm thinking it's because the firmware I have on there 1.1.8 (I think) which would be newer than the 1.1.6.
    The OS is also absurdly slow. I'm going to try and contact Robo for a new SD image and new firmware.

EDIT: It finally detected the older firmware. However I'm still getting an awfully large amount of disconnection messages (printer controls and bed). I'm going to play around with it for a while tonight and see if I can get the z-offset to cooperate.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This can happen on the R2 if the bed heater or thermistor is misbehaving. Before the bed cable update on tbe R2 these were some of the dymptoms of the connector misbehaving. On the C2 it would be the pi (more likely the OS image) or the controller board OR a bad USB connection from the Pi to that controller.

Good luck getting in touch with them, please let us know how that goes.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

+1 on the bed heater connector being the culprit.