1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved LCD Screen Non-responsive

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Carlos144Green, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Carlos144Green

Hello! I'm back with another problem...
    So recently I decided to turn off my printer the proper way with the shutdown button through the menu of the printer compared to when I would just reach around the printer and hit the power switch. It was taking an awfully long time for the screen to go black so I went ahead and shut it down via switch. When I came back to turn it on it would only display the Robo blue screen and stay there. I looked at the forms for similar problems and it turns out that I should have made an image of my sd card first thing when I got the printer. I contacted support and they sent me a new operating system for the c2. I followed all procedures and it booted up to the main screen but now the LCD isn't picking up any touch inputs. I have unplugged all wires to the LCD and plugged them back in but still nothing. The support has given up on me and have told me to just print via octoprint...

I'm still unsure if it's a hardware or software problem since this all happened...
    All help is appreciated! :)

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If you have loaded a new image and it doesn’t fix it my next thought would be to reinstall the image again, just in case, then I’d probably order a screen. Might be the pi but I’d do the screen first

Carlos144Green likes this.
  3. albert3d

albert3d Member

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

As a side comment... I have a friend whose RPi was not able to boot. After troubleshooting his RPI, I found that the SDCard was ok, but the RPi itself had an issue. The symptoms were no boot up screen. So, based on your description of the problem, most likely the SDCard is bad or the software image is corrupted (but the SDCard is still good) or possibly both. I agree with the posted suggestions to try re-imaging a new the SDCard.

5. Carlos144Green

I tried with a new 8 gb sd card with a fresh os. Same problems, menu screen shows but no touch inputs get through. I wasn't aware the warranty for the 3 free replacement parts had an expiration date so I cant receive a replacement part unless I pay for it. It looks like I'm going to have to print through octoprint for now. Thanks for all the suggestions nonetheless guys!

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can replace that LCD cheap enough via Amazon (we have identified a replacement) and I would check that the edge of the case that surrounds the LCD is NOT touching the LCD -- the stock one is sensitive to non-human touches and it is single-touch.

Carlos144Green likes this.
  7. Carlos144Green

Oh really? could you send me the link please! I'll also try out the fix you recommended but the chances are that it isn't the problem because I have already tried loosening the screws holding the screen in place.

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is listed in the C2 FAQ: http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/faq-c2.19861/

There are two possibilities depending on which "flavor" of C2 you have. One that uses HDMI and one that does not but the same screen should work either way since the one I linked has both IO port connections and HDMI as options

9. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Make sure the 1 inch wide cable going between the LCD screen and the RPi GPIO bus is seated properly at both ends. Touch screen response is transmitted via that 1 inch wide ribbon cable.

mark tomlinson likes this.