1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Issue with R2 Cura

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Paul1967, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

I am having a printing issue with my R2 Cura. When I load a project and I get a greyish ghost like image which the project when printed is shrunk based on that ghost imaging? I use a raft most of the time because I do nopt get good prints with skirts or brims.

Paul

upload_2019-12-6_21-14-6.png

2. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Which version of Cura are you using? Next question, Have you properly leveled the printing bed? Also, what are the printer settings in Cura? ( Preferences -> Printers -> R2 -> Machine Settings )

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not familiar with Cura, but that sort of visual in other slicers can be used to indicate that a part of the model is outside of the printing area.

Then your Z offset is not where it needs to be. You can test with a single layer print and when correct it will look something like this:

https://www.printedsolid.com/blogs/news/37035715-get-your-prints-to-stick-check-your-skirt

The RAFT just accommodates a poor first layer (or sometimes you have a model that has very little first layer and still need it to stick well -- a tall, but narrow model may need a raft)

4. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

Its Cura 2.5.0 which came with my R2. When I switched from the raft to the skirt the vertical ghosting goes away and the print is thicker but the horizontal ghosting is still there. I agree with Mark that its a setting but which one or ones is eluding me.

Paul

upload_2019-12-7_21-36-54.png

5. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Release 2.5 for Cura is very old. The current release is 4.4 for Windows / Mac / Linux. I suggest updating your Cura software first.

https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Can you post an actual photo (or a link to one on an image hosting site) that shows the horizontal ghosting?

7. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

@Paul1967 , You might be viewing the "preview" mode. In Cura, models always show a "ghost" in the preview mode.

Cura 4.4 Prepare mode view
    CFFFP_3_5-handle - Ultimaker Cura 4.4.0_004.png

Cura 4.4 Preview Mode
    CFFFP_3_5-handle - Ultimaker Cura 4.4.0_005.png

See how the Brim shows in the preview mode?

FYI, it is a crochet hook handle being printed in Sainsmart TPU filament.

8. Paul1967

Paul1967 Member

the Robo version of cura 2.5 does not let me see things or options like your showing. I'd like to upgrade to the newest cura but when I tried it does not see my R2? Has anyone switched to the newest Cura from the Cura from Robo that can talk me through this?

Paul

9. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

How are you connecting to your R2 printer from the Cura 2.5? Wireless or USB? I can walk you through it since I have been using Cura for a couple of years.