1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Touchscreen Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by VigilantWookie, Feb 7, 2020.

1. VigilantWookie

VigilantWookie New Member

I just got the printer this week. I got it hooked up to wi-fi finally, and uploaded the most recent update. I'd run a test print prior, and had no issues. I went to run another test print after the update, and once I get to the screen that shows all the settings and has the green start button, the touchscreen becomes unresponsive, like the system froze. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, do you know of any fixes for this?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is either the screen is frozen (in which case rebooting the printer will sort it) or there is something else touching the touchscreen (like the edge of the case the screen is mounted in or something else). It is not a capacitive touch screen and it is single-touch only so anything else that touches the screen will have priority.

There is a remote chance it is a bad LCD, but try rebooting it first and check to make sure it is not getting touched by something else.

3. VigilantWookie

VigilantWookie New Member

I did try an reboot and the same thing happened. I was able to navigate through a variety of menus, but once I go to the start screen for the print, it froze. ????? (I'll try to post a video showing what's happening)

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Did you backup your software before applying the update?