1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

How to RSS specific sub-boards?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fred3d, Feb 24, 2020.

1. fred3d

fred3d Member

I'm using FeedBro in Firefox and it's a great resource. It detected the primary RSS feed for the entire forum, but I'd like to split them off into each sub-board.

Navigating to each sub-board and selecting auto-detect results in the primary feed and not any sub-level feed.

Are there feed links for each sub-board?

How would one make a reader focus on a single section?
    thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I don't have enough experience with the forum software to add any value here. @WheresWaldo might know.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

As far as I know there are no sub-forum rss feeds. It is an Admin feature and I don't think any of us have access to that section of the website. Please note that Robo (or whats left of it) still owns and pays for this site. As far as I know there are only one or two people with that type of access, and even that is a huge guess on my part.

4. fred3d

fred3d Member

Thanks for the info, folks. The post from WW makes me wonder if there's another forum as good as this one that covers specifically the Robo3D line of printers?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Nope. There are no others really at all that I am aware of. There is a presence on FaceBook...

6. fred3d

fred3d Member

I'm glad to hear that this is the best place to be. No facebook for me. I'll muddle through the happy fact of a working RSS feed. I might learn stuff from the sub-boards and that's always a good thing.

7. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Which model of Robo do you have?

8. fred3d

fred3d Member

Both myself and another member of our makerspace have an R1 plus with a few minor mods. The E3Dv6 upgrade was the first and I've since added the smaller LCD panel, but I'm planning to push it to the larger screen. Low priority, though as OctoPrint is running great on this. The remote aspect (two rooms away) make things really convenient.

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You might want to consider the spaghetti detective as an option too

10. fred3d

fred3d Member

That's a cool plug-in. I have plenty of discarded computers to run my own TSD server, but don't necessarily have the smarts to set one up with confidence. For the little I print with the R1+, I could probably get away with the free bundle and a donation now and then. Thanks for pointing that one out.

pengertiandefinisi likes this.
  11. pengertiandefinisi

pengertiandefinisi New Member

You right dude, this is cool plugin.