1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered RoboR1 + Nozzle not getting close enough to bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rob Depew, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Rob Depew

Rob Depew New Member

Up until last Matter Control update I had gotten good prints...but not anymore.

The problem is that the nozzle isnt getting close enough to the bed to lay filament down properly.

You can see in the images that Matter Control (the one with the square skirt), even if I hit the .8 macro is still too far from the bed.
    In Simplify3D I have tried adjusting the offset as far as -1mm, but it also hits a wall and wont get any closer.

been pulling my teeth out on this one for days.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated....thanks

CubeMatterControl.jpg CubeSimplify.jpg

2. fred3d

fred3d Member

I've run into this problem with my R1+ shortly after working on a repair for the heated bed. What I had done was to move the Z stepper motors out of synchronization.

The easiest method I could come up with was to power off the machine and manually lower the carriage by turning the lead screws. Get both as close to level and as close to contact as possible, then lower each one until you hear the limit switch click. Raise it until it clicks again.

This brought my self-leveling process into normal range and corrected the problem, which appeared just as yours does.

3. Rob Depew

Rob Depew New Member

Are there instructions on doing that?

4. fred3d

fred3d Member

Power off the machine.
    Turn the z-axis screws by hand, a little bit at a time until both ends of the carriage are close to the bed. You can slide the extruder from one side to the other to use as a reference.
    With the extruder as far to one side as possible, turn that z-axis screw until you hear the switch click. Turn it back again until you hear it click off.
    Move the extruder to the other side and repeat the previous steps.
    Once completed, turn on the printer.

#4 fred3d, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  5. Rob Depew

Rob Depew New Member

Thanks..I'll give that a try.