1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z-Offset Wizard stuck at step 1 of 4

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ballhogjoni, Mar 24, 2020.

1. wuidling

wuidling Member

Thanks for this interesting feature. Will try it.
    By the way do you have working adjustments for the enabled support interface.

Regards

Attached Files:

2. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

My apologies. I am not following your thoughts on the question which you asked.

3. wuidling

wuidling Member

Sorry for this misunderstanding,

i mean in Cura the settings for the support. (Enable Support Interface)
    The prints in low quality are very rough on the support side.

So actual i'am playing with some settings suggested in this video:

Regards
    (Excuse My School Englisch)

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

When I need to activate the support option, the actual settings are model dependent. Some models only need the Touching Buildplate option while other models need the Everywhere option ( Support Placement ).

I always increase the Support Z Distance option to 0.28 which makes removal of the support material easier.

The Support Pattern option is model specific as well. I like to use Cross as I have found that pattern is easier to remove. Alternately, the Zigzag pattern can work fairly well.

The only other option which I adjust to the model is the Support Density. I try to keep the density as low as possible for removal purposes. Typically 12 to 20 percent depending on the model.

I have not tried the Enable Support Roof option yet. You may want to try that one.

In the Experimental section, there is an option called Tree Support. For the model which you are printing ( the bull ), this option might give you a better underside.