1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 all of the above

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Yopz3d, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Yopz3d

Yopz3d New Member

Hey so I recently got a robo r2, I’m a do it yourselfer have brief experience with some i3 style printers from uni and wanted something with a little more potential to play with. I got it for a good price but after getting it home and doing research and firmware updates and software updates (via lcd/USB download) I’m still having many of the problems described in the faq, I was hoping (for sake of saving me trying every suggested tip myself) someone could indicate the necessary elements to get one of these 2017 models going.

Description of problem

Z off set value won’t register (seemingly) after z offset procedure (value I get is about +6) and although I tried to do the software update and firmware updates to get them aligned it has had no effect.
    If I just set the basic z offset value with the wizard and skip precisely tuning it, the printer goes though regular print procedure untill I click start print, at which point it ceases to respond absolutely.

Now I was suggested using octoprint to avoid using the screen and when doing the z axis calibration through octoprint the procedure works normally while probing and then the extruder sets itself near the Center, burys itself into the build plate and then returns to its original corner. I have to manually lower the build plate after it’s done so as it will not let me stop the process.

FAQ and others with similar issue seem to have already resolved this problem but no one ever went back to clean up the chatter in the thread so it’s confusing as to who’s solution was the correct one, any help would be appreciated untill then I’ll be coming through the faq retrying the process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It needs to be a negative number. See the FAQ -- this entry: http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/r2-faq.23706/#post-138407

A positive number is not going to work (not at least on the C2 and probably not on the R2).

@tkoco can discuss this more

Also the Firmware version and the RoboOS version need to match known versions that work together. I don't use the R2, but someone else can get you the exact working version numbers.

3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I try to keep the R2 FAQ reasonably clean and up to date. The section in the FAQ regarding software and firmware has been updated. Links to good images for RoboOS and Marlin firmware have been posted. Please re-read the FAQ.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Yopz3d

Yopz3d New Member

Thanks I ended up having some trouble with the firmware was all, it turned out my plugin manager had a fault so I redid the firmware by downloading it directly to the robo USB and it solved all issues assides the +home Z value, although a quick reread of the faq and I had that problem resolved I’ll try to refer more to the existing threads as I dial in the printer and overcome the little broken components and quirks, thank you for maintaining the robo thread it’s been a godsend so far for advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.