1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

BLTouch bracket and some sort of guide

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by mamejay, Jun 5, 2020.

1. mamejay

mamejay Member

Hey team,
    My Robo3D has been neglected and left to gather dust.
    I have 2 Ender3's now running th3d firmware and BLTouch and I have never looked back.
    Bed leveling has been the bane of my Robo and would love to retro fit it with a BLTouch.
    I am not great with designing so hoping someone has already made a bracket to suit and also a guide for wiring up the BLTouch.
    If anyone can help let me know.
    Thanks

2. mamejay

mamejay Member

OK. I have started looking at it myself and connecting the BLTouch looks fairly straightforward.
    For the firmware I will be using the TH3D marlin version. As this has sections that you comment out for specific printers I have select a CR10 V2 as Robo3D is not natively supported.
    I have searched the changed the bed size, steps per unit, feedrate, and acceleration.
    Any other things I should look at in the firmware?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Those are the hardware definitions that need changing. Check that the endstop logic is the same. Some of the endstops (the Z) uses inverted logic on the R1 series because the switch is normally CLOSED and then opens when Z homes. The X and Y are the opposite -- the old R1 beta was the opposite for the Z and I have no clue on the Cr 10 but the R1+ it is inverted.