1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Roboprint

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Eric Dahlgren, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Eric Dahlgren

Eric Dahlgren New Member

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this or to the software folder of the printer page. I work for a STEM camp that uses a few Robo E3's. Since I only work with this group over the summer its been a few months since I've used the Roboprint software so i just upgraded to the newest version. We are trying to start printing frames for face-shields and face masks. When I tried to slice I made sure to disable the raft but when I see the file after it has a raft on the bottom. Unfortunately I am only slicing the files for my boss to print as I am stuck at home so I cannot try to print and see if it is actually putting the raft on but based on the fact that it shows up in the preview after slicing I can assume that it is putting a raft in no matter if I have it enabled or disabled in the print settings.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

@Geof has an E3, perhaps he can assist.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It shouldn’t be, when you uncheck the box and save settings it should apply that to the model your slicing

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Be sure your unchecking as the last step. If you uncheck then switch materials it auto checks the boxes again

5. Rob Valentine

Rob Valentine New Member

I have noticed the same thing - I thought for the E3, rafts were standard in terms of the printer needs and thus it cannot be turned off; meaning, the E3 is such that rafts are best for printing and thus the setting.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It doesn’t need them, you can print without them. Your model may need a raft, but the printer doesn’t care either way :) whatever you tell it is what it will do

7. Rob Valentine

Rob Valentine New Member

Excellent - it is working for me - thank you!

tkoco and Geof like this.