1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

How to get universal thickness through the print ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Tony223, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Tony223

Tony223 Member

I tried to print a sugar bowl, and as it got to the top and the word “Sugar” this occurred. It was one piece just barley. But you could just snap it right off.
    Anyone know what adjustment I need to make ?

2. Tony223

Tony223 Member

3. Tony223

Tony223 Member

pic of issue

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try hosting the image on an external site (like imagur or flickr) and post a link.
    That is too small for me to make out any detail. The forum software severely restricts the size of attachments.

5. Tony223

Tony223 Member

I uploaded 3 images to Flikr under Tony Bee. I have never used Flikr before so not sure what you need to know to view it but hopefully you can find it by my user name?

If you know what the problem is I would greatly appreciate the help. I have been messing with the printer trying to figure it out the last couple months but I cannot understand why it does this and what to do to fix it.

6. Tony223

Tony223 Member

I just pulled up those picks on Flickr on my phone after searching Tony Bee I was the last one on the page under that name only one who joined today lol. Let me know if you cannot find it. Here is a link
    www.flickr.com/photos/190194915@N02/? hopefully that works

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

So how about a picture of the failure while it is still attached to the print bed :)
    That will help clear up my confusion. I (for example) can't even make out any words on the print.

Assuming the object on the right hand side is what failed that looks like the axis slipped. A lot.
    Usually that is either a loose belt or driver gear OR something got hung up when the bed was moving. There is a wire bundle under the bed that can get hung if it is not attached out of the way with zip ties.

8. Tony223

Tony223 Member

I uploaded another pick which is still starched to the print bed. I may have confused you by uploading two different prints. One was a sugar bowl. The other is my kids webslinger.

neither prints broke free. I got the plans off thingiverse for both. It seems like anytime I try and print something which has fine details I end up with the bundle of string.

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Ah, OK.

So what settings did you use for the "fine details"?

for example:
    layer height? Max print speed?

10. Tony223

Tony223 Member

I have been using “recommended” I do not understand enough about it to Vary from it. But I took pics and posted them for u to look at the setting section. whatever you recommend I will give it a go. Just tell me what number to bump up to what.

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I am not going to be able to help you tweak/adjust MattterControl as I do not use it.
    I can give you general slicer type of suggestions.

So when you said "universal thickness" exactly what part are you talking about? The layer thickness? The model walls?

Forget the "fine details" setting and use a different one (I assume one of the other settings worked for you).
    I can only assume what matter control is doing but it must be using a smaller layer height and other settings adjustments to increase the fine detail on the model. Those settings probably need to be adjust somewhat from whatever default MatterControl has selected.