1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Which Marlin version to use?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by EmbraceNext, Sep 20, 2020.

1. EmbraceNext

EmbraceNext Member

I have had to take a hiatus from this amazing hobby. So I feel a bit behind and forgot how to do some of the stuff I was doing. I am cleaning up my R2 printers but would like to replace the hotend with various others. Something basic I need to know is what version of Marlin is the version to use right now and where can I get it? I saw someone had a hex file with the 3950 thermistor, but I would like to edit the tables for others. I am guessing I would need the source files from there and can't do it from the hex file? (I know this is a stupid question, but just want to make sure I am not missing anything)

I found WheresWaldo's version but it says not to use RoboLCD? What does that mean? I would like to use the touch screen still. I am sorry for the basic questions, I am sure I will have more until I can job my memory back from a year ago.

Thank you!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Direct links to RoboOS and Marlin firmware (Robo version) can be found in the R2 FAQ. (R2 Troubleshooting forum)

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you are talking about the RoboOS that drives the custom LCD menu that is probably what WheresWaldo was talking about.
    You don't need that -- there are generic OctoPrint LCD menu systems that will work fine. I had started (and mostly finished) a replacement for the RoboOS LCD software, but dropped it after there was not real "demand" for it. I ended up using a generic MENU system for the C2. Does what it needs.

5. EmbraceNext

EmbraceNext Member

Fantastic! Thank you for the response! Has anyone tried Marlin 2.0 or is it even worth it?