1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What type of electrical connector does the heated bed use?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Rod Smith, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Rod Smith

Rod Smith Member

I'm planning to replace my Robo3D R1+'s heated bed with a new aluminum one. I've already got most of the components I need, but I'm having trouble sourcing the bed-side electrical connector -- this one:

[​IMG]
    I've seen claims that it's some variety of Molex plug, but I can't find its exact match on Molex's site, or on any vendor's site. Does somebody have a part number for this connector, and/or a link to a retailer that sells this connector (preferably in the USA)? If necessary, I'll replace both the bed-side and printer-side connectors with whatever I can find, but I'd rather use the stock Robo3D connector, if that's possible.

2. fred3d

fred3d Member

3. Rod Smith

Rod Smith Member

Yes, and as such, it's not much use to me. I don't see the equivalent bed-side connector for sale on that site.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I converted one of our beta units to use Anderson Power poles as the in-line connectors for the bed (original units did not have a connector between the RAMPS and the bed). Works fine.