1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Repurposing Pirate3d Buccaneer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by milw, Jul 29, 2017.

1. m2t

m2t New Member

Hi!
    I reinstalled everything from scratch with a new Armbian, AVRdude and octoprint. I still have a serial connection error, it seems that ttys5 is not connected / recognized. I've search many forums and docs but could not find an answer... How can I check if the device is really connected? I have an access to the Atmega with AVRDude, but not serial...

For now I have the following unexpected results:
    `>stty -F /dev/ttyS5 -g
    stty: /dev/ttyS5: Input/output error`,

`>setserial -ga /dev/ttyS5
    /dev/ttyS5, Line 5, UART: unknown, Port: 0x0000, IRQ: 0
    Baud_base: 0, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
    closing_wait: 3000
    Flags: spd_normal`
    and

`>sudo setserial /dev/ttyS5 uart 16550A baud_base 115200
    Cannot set serial info: Device or resource busy`

@racer, is there a port / GPIO /device configuration that I forgot?

Thanks for any help...
    M.

2. Adamz01h

Adamz01h New Member

Not to necro this thread but I was able to get everything up and running following the guide here with some upgrades to the code like using python3 and such, only issue I now have is that the fans dont seem to be pwm controlled, i did not dig into the provided firmware files but it seems to be on or off full tilt. As such im having a hard time hitting a target temp to print at, it just bounces. ideas?

PS m2t I used ttys1 and it found it right away.

Attached Files:

3. m2t

m2t New Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try again (and again), but I've tried all !

Enjoy !

4. Adamz01h

Adamz01h New Member

I reread your steps, I did not compile a fresh firmware I used the latest version provided in this form and I was able to get it too work, I will compile a fresh firmware and report back, thanks for the reply, did not expect that.

5. Gaborgy

Gaborgy New Member

Hi! I have a Buccaneer and it was working fine until now. I'm using it with Windows. During the last print it suddenly stopped and won't move any more. Tried to unplug the unit, restart the program, nothing happens. The bed stays in the same position and the extruder stays in the same position. I noticed that the fan on the extruder doesn't run but the device is definitely running. The front lights are not on but the lights towards the inside are. Not sure how to debug. I was trying to see if there's a factory reset button or option but can't find those either. Any ideas?