1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hotend stabbing print

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dragon, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Dragon

Dragon New Member

Not sure why this is happening. It seems like the hotend is staying at the last layer and the bed moves up as the hotend extrudes more filament. Any ideas? Im using Cura 3.4.1
    Squirt Shot.jpg skull shot.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check the ending GCode script for your slicer.

You want it to lower the bed and home only the X/Y ...

3. Dragon

Dragon New Member

:mad:The curse continues.:mad: As soon as I fix one problem another comes up. I started to get "connection interrupted heating failed heater _id:0" thought I fixed it. The printer shut off mid-print. The printer won't turn on. So if I can get some money together I will be purchasing a new power supply?

Thank you mark for the info. If I ever get the printer up and running I shall inspect the GCode. *waves*:(

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Heater temperature errors are usually a thermistor failing (or a connection to the thermistor) -- not normally the power supply.

Heater ID:0 should be the hotend (ID:1 is the bed if I recall correctly)

5. Dragon

Dragon New Member

After I got that error I swapped in a new hotend and still got the error. is there anything else I need to check or replace. I got the printer to on. I recall having this problem after running the PID calibration wizard and needed to reflash the SD card. I'm trying to back up my current image.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Does yours have the pogo pins? Those connections failing were the original cause of this sort of error.
    They removed the pogo pins entirely in an update.

7. Dragon

Dragon New Member

I'm not sure. I would assume I have pogo pins. very old printer. I'll google it and hopefully learn something.

8. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

Hotend failures are frequently an intermittent cable. The cable flexes at the point it plugs into the hotend. It disconnects/connects the thermistor. Try setting the hotend temp from the LCD. When up to temp try wiggling the cable and see if you get an interruption. I keep a spare cable available from Partsbuilt.com.