1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Auto Bed Leveling?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ballhogjoni, Feb 18, 2021.

1. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

My auto bed leveling doesn't seem to work. The printer goes through the motions of auto bed leveling before each print, but the bed is just a little unlevel in spots. In the high spots on the first layer no filament comes out of the hotend because it's to close to the bed. I also hear a clicking sound when this happens. Any ideas on what to troubleshoot to fix this?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

I use an E3D hotend and made this:
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/cheap-easy-dial-gauge.24214/

You can pretty much adapt this to any hotend. The key is to clamp a cheap dial indicator to the hotend or print head and then level to the gauge. The bed on the R2 bends kind of easy but with some practice you can level to .02mm.

4. DavidR

DavidR Member

If you could do two things really quick I may be able to help.

First. Type in this sequence on octoprint (wait for each command to finish executing before entering the next one):

G28
    G35
    M48

It should print out some stats. If you could post what it gives for mean, range, and standard deviation it will help identify whether its a problem with the sensor.

After that type in G29. Then type in M420 V0. It will give a 3x3 array of numbers. If you could post that as well it may help identify the problem.

mark tomlinson and Lance Weston like this.