1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 Heater_ID: 0 Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by brendanl76476, Aug 28, 2021.

1. brendanl76476

brendanl76476 New Member

Hi,

I had to replace the hotend assembly on my R2 recently due to some filament that was stuck inside. Since the replacement, I'll randomly get the following error "Connection Interrupted, please reset the connection to the printer controls. If error persists, please call customer service and report: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0.

I would instantly attribute this error to the new hotend assembly, but the thing is that it heats up half the time without the error, and can even get around 15 minutes into a print without failing. It can heat up to the point where it can load and unload filament with ease; it seems to just have trouble staying at the operating temp.

I apologize for any incorrect terminology, I'm not as well versed with 3d printers as some others are on this forum.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Gernally this is due to a bad thermistor or bad connection to the thermistor in the hotend -- the Heater_ID: 0 is the heater core for the hotend, not the bed (that would be ID: 1). It could be the heater core, but far less likely. What is the temperature displayed when this error is raised?

Since you have worked on the hotend I would strongly suggest you go back over the wiring and make sure that everything (heater core, and thermistor) are wired correctly and not loose (from the downtown board to the hotend). Also make sure the connections to the hotend (where the wires go from the uptown to the downtown boards) are secure and not loose.