1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo3D R1+ Clogs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SC_MudDuck, Nov 19, 2021.

1. SC_MudDuck

SC_MudDuck New Member

Having issues with clogs. Followed the normal hot end drop and clear, followed by several cold pulls (250/135), and have cleaned the hobbed bolt teeth. It works great when I push the filament thru, but if I release the pressure of pushing the filament (simulating retraction) it clogs at the hotend entrance. When pulled out the lower portion (pre-nozzle) is at temp all the way to the top of the hotend and then I can see where I was pushing, as it creates an inline smooshed area, inline, with ambient temp filament above. Looks like 2 pieces of filament were melted and stuck together and there is a flat smooshed area inline. When I use the extruder to push the filament thru I get under-extrusion. I checked the filament diameter and it is g2g. Can anyone help me out?

eSun PLA+ Light Brown

2. fred3d

fred3d Member

If your problem is heat creep causing the clogs, consider to separate the heater block from the heat break and applying a thin layer of thermal grease to both ends of the heat break. It might not be possible to get the heat break from the heat sink if you release the nozzle from the heater block first. Order of wrenching matters. Ensure also that the nozzle is a mm or two away from the heater block when securing the heat break during assembly. The nozzle internal surface should be in secure contact with the heat break surface inside the heater block.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. SC_MudDuck

SC_MudDuck New Member

Thank you for the responses. Turns out the hotend cooling fan crapped out and required replacement, so problem solved.

mark tomlinson likes this.