1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Raspberry pi has no activity led.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Charland, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Daniel Charland

Daniel Charland New Member

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum as I just purchased an old as is (for parts) C2. It is in perfect physical shape. I begun to debug it and found a first problem. At power on, the only thing that appened was the LED strip inside the cabinet were on and the power on the interface board was also on. The power on the Raspberry Pi was off and the touch screen was also blank. I found that an input capacitor on the LCD panel was blasted and shorted so I replaced it. After that, the LCD came back to life with a white display. The Raspberry power led also came red but without any activity on green led. I connected a monitor on the HDMI port and it is dead. I put the micro SD card in another working raspberry Pi 3 and I have the same behavior. So I think the SD card is corrupted. The problem is that I don't know where to find an image of the software. I have the non HDMI interface for the LCD. I tried a link from another post and I need an authrization to download the image. So, how can I get an image to continue troubleshooting this little beauty ? Thank in advance for your answers.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Daniel Charland

Daniel Charland New Member

I contacted Robo3D support and explained the situation by email. A few hours later, they sent me the official image for the C2. Installed it on a new sd card and voilà. I have my new up and running 3D printer. The only additionnal issue I had after the software installation was that the extruder heating was not heating. The heating element was good (14 ohms), but the signal was open inside the printing heah. I opened the printing head, disconnected and reconnected all the small connectors related to the heating element and everything went to normal. I am currently printing the 3DBenchy boat as my first print. So far so good.

mark tomlinson likes this.