1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z-axis broken

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Mikethinks, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Received printer yesterday and I was having trouble with air prints. It got worse and worse, and I have discovered why, the right side z-axis threaded rod was not moving with the motor. It was Waaaaay loose...I suppose it loosened up over the past 2-3 hours of calibrate air print repeat.

I tried tightening it (the aluminum round thingy), but the top wouldnt get tight enough...and the bottom wont loosen (which is good for the moment but bad if I need to replace the aluminum thing. The hex bolt doesnt look stripped but I cant get the tool in more than about half as far as the other 3.) I eventually just shimmed up the top with some thin cloth/paper based tape. Not sure how long this will last...may be forever :) I did want to figure out the best way to remove the lower hex nut, I just cant get a good grip on it with the tool...Im guessing I may need to cut off the aluminum piece.

How can I get some extra nuts and aluminum round thingy that connects the motor to the threaded rod please.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

This forum is pending removal. Submit all technical support requests here: http://www.robo3dprinter.com/pages/technical-support

I also don't understand what you're asking so please provide more documentation and images for jerry so he can effectively troubleshoot.