1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Spool Holder

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Jun 7, 2013.

1. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I didn't receive a spool holder with my printer. Maybe they we not ready in time for the first round of shipments.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

neither did I I amusing and old acrylic tube set on a shelf andletting the filament hang works pretty slick
    I normally start my PLA at 190 then dropp to 180 with no bed heating at all just blue tape

3. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I used those settings first but had a print separate at the 1st and 2nd layers during printing. Then I tried doing a whole print at 190 but I think it was to hot. 185 worked great for sain smart PLA.

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

keep that in mind

5. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Spool holders were not ready. WIll be shipped when they are, if you have not received one from my understandings.

2 people like this.
  6. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

the spool holder I received with mine received 8-22 looks nothing like this one and has no way to be attached to the printer itself...

7. insomniac_lemon

I got my R1 Aug 18th, and is different also. It attaches to the inner edge of the build chamber hole on the case. Basically you slide it into the straight edge, and the pull it down so it holds at an angle. I'm assuming we have the same spool holder...

Does this help?

2 people like this.
  8. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

Insomniac Lemon I understand what you are saying and I was thinking that is where this style spool holder would attach but wouldn't it then be in the way for the bed to move.... would it be possible to see a picture of how you have it set in there. But either way I wont be able to do anything until I can actually get the printer to BE DETECTED...as every time ive tried to add it it keeps saying it cant be detected... so until I can actually connect to it its just a very big paperweight at this point

9. insomniac_lemon

Why soytenly!

And no, it does not interfere with printing as far as I have seen. It's off to the side.

Make sure you've installed everything. I searched around, found some posts by Mike Kelly, installed Arduino software as well as something to make sure the driver is properly loaded or something (the file name is serial_install).

Attached Files:

10. Steve73

Steve73 New Member

The picture helped a great deal.... I will go look for posts on the software.... hope I can actually get this running yet this morning.... thank you Insomniac Lemon

11. QICHANG KANG

QICHANG KANG New Member

Nice pictures