1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

123d design premium?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Joe H, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Joe H

Joe H Member

In order to make a 2d design in 123d do you have to go premium? i have the free download and i'm getting pretty comfortable with how it works, but my 2d sketches are not connecting and creating a 2d image to stretch into a 3d model. any advice?

2. Joe H

Joe H Member

maybe i wasn't specific enough. when i draw lines in 123d forming a 2d sketch, the lines do not connect so i can use the push/pull function and make the 2d a 3d object.

3. Joe H

Joe H Member

32 views and no one replies....
    so when i sketch with polylines and make say, a square. it will create the 2d object with the inside of the lines shaded. but when i sketch with a mixture of polylines and splines, it doesn't connect the dots, no shaded inside and no 2d object to work with......any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong? i paid for a one month premium membership and still no workie.....

4. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

I don't use 123d so can't help. They might have a similar forum though.

5. Joe H

Joe H Member

Thanks Stephen, any reply at this point is appreciated. i figure there are enough people here that do use it that i could get this answered. However, i did find out how to make my own 2d sketch in 123d. and i will share that info for those who are starting out like myself.
    you cannot draw out lines on the empty grid and get them to connect, not gonna happen. you have to first, use one of the 2d primitives and create a plain on the grid that will cover the area that your own sketch will need. then draw your sketch on top of that 2d primitive. TADAAA....your lines connect, now you can pull your 2d sketch into a 3d object.

6. bioclasm

bioclasm Member

Oh, haha. I had the same problem for a while. At least I think.

I haven't used the push/pull method, but instead the extrude. To get into 3D, you'll need to extrude a shape. It's easiest to just draw a giant rectangle, and extrude it up so you have access to all planes. You can draw outside the new 3D, just using it as a scaffold, or sketch on the face of the shape. You can delete the shape at any time, and still have your sketches present that in other planes.

7. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

When drawing in 2d in 123d you have to make sure when drawing the next line to click on the last line so it continues to draw on the same sketch so it merges .

8. jediknight0

jediknight0 Active Member

mark tomlinson likes this.
  9. PD210

PD210 New Member

If anyone else ends up here looking for answers like I did, the PROJECT function in 123D Design will join the lines, once you have a closed shape you can extrude or pull it into a 3D shape. Again, use PROJECT on the touching line fragments to join them. Hope this clears things up, if you search that problem on Google this is first page results without a definitive "DO THIS!" answer.