1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Settings and projects

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dbvanhorn, Mar 28, 2015.

1. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

As I get more involved with this, it seems like there's a need for a way to store settings for projects.

A given project might we well tuned at certain temperatures and speeds, with a particular roll of filament.

Obviously I can use my paper and pen, but is there an app for that? Actually, an android phone would make an awesome controller, using the camera to catch the barcode on the filament rolls, talk to the printer, etc. It would need to take in pre-sliced projects but that's not a huge deal.

I'd want it to have a menu of projects, and to handle all the settings of the printer that the particular project needs.

If only I were up to speed on android app development. I need gigabit for my brain! The existing analog interface is too damned slow.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

With repetier I had a config file saved of for dozens of different filaments and configurations.
    So when I need to switch just reload the config and commence slicing.

I have started to get there with Simplify3D, but I still have a ways to go. I think I only have about 10 different FFF processes defined at the moment.