1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Display feedrate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wikid, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Wikid

Wikid Member

hey guys I'm hoping Ziggy might chime in on this one. I've been looking around in the marlin firmware. I want to add a feedrate display to my reprap LCD. I know there is limited space on the display but currently I only have one extruder so I have no reason to display the other 2. I want to see what the printer is actually printing at in mm/s. Since s3d will use limits to speed based on geometry of the part. Is this something simple that can be done.

Would it be possible to remove the other 2 extrudeer displays and use that location for more information? it would be nice to use the machine speed and not just what the code says but it seems like the lcd only updates so often.

Wikid

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You can ping people using an @ in front of their username, ie @Ziggy

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

@Wikid What type of LCD are you using?

4. Wikid

Wikid Member

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok so feedrate is already displayed on the full graphics LCD as a percentage of the feedrate you selected with the model was sliced.

Am I correct that you want feedrate displayed in mm/s??

6. Wikid

Wikid Member

Yea thats what I am looking for, so if you adjust it or not. S3D likes to adjust the feeds based on the size of the model, ie it slows the feed if its a small dia hole. I want to be able to see that in real time, or possibly the calculated feedrate of what the machine is actually moving versus what it is commanded. if it is limited by the machine or firmware.

Wikid

7. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

@Ziggy I was wondering if you have gotten the time remaining working yet? Also where do I need to go to change the layout? I want the movements to be available on like the first menu if possible. I don't like how hidden it is. I have edited the boot logo as well as the boot text. So I know my way around it a little bit.

#7 jbigler1986, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes I do have the time remaining working and tested over a couple of months. Just been so busy I haven't posted

9. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

OHH, that would be a nice addition, The new screen layout will be nice also.