1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

WirePrint - Cool prototyping approach

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chris A, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Chris A

Chris A Member

This is a fascinating video, shows an approach to even-more-rapid prototyping using 3-D printers.. pretty amazing

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. Ben Lindstrom

Ben Lindstrom Active Member

I'd be concerned trying something like that with my robo3d. As frankly have had seriously bad luck with a moving bed and thin parts like that. I suspect it is because I'm still using the drawer rails and it adds in enough jerking motions that thin tall parts gets knocked around too much.

It is a cool idea. I'll give you that.

3. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Yes would be ok for prototyping. Parts will be so delicate

4. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

I believe there was someone here a few months back who was trying to "hotrod" his Robo3D. One of the enhancements he was doing was wireframe printing. I'll see if I can track down the post and see where he got with his project.

EDIT: The person I was thinking of is @Les Hall. Doesn't look like he's been active much as of late due to some health issues. Here's the post that I was referring to: Show Quality ROBO?

5. Chris A

Chris A Member

nice post there.. someday I'll hotrod my R1 (or more likely, one of my sons will...)