1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Very Satisfied With My R1 - After a year+

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kaan, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Kaan

Kaan Member

Hi everyone,

After using my R1 today, I had the urge to post this, I've had my R1 for quite some time now, probably a year, or more, after fixing the initial issues/confusions, things have been pretty good

I probably use the printer once a month or twice a month, but each time, it's to print something that I designed that solves a very specific problem, so the printer increased my life quality significantly

Some of these include: Cable arranger that's sticked to a desk with a putty, travel reducer for cherry mx keycaps, a simple angler that get attached to cables and turns them 90 degrees and various experiments

At this point, I'm hoping things will continue this way, in the meantime it's good to see that the community is alive and well

My biggest fear related to the keyboard is drivetrain failures, a bit creaking started, had previous issues with the Z-rods, I'm afraid they might get lose again, but no real issues so far :) (except the extruder fan that I replaced macgyver style)

Anyway,
    Take care :)