1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

YEA! something (LCD) worked, out of the box.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arealgijoe, May 27, 2015.

1. arealgijoe

arealgijoe New Member

My XXL LCD controller from Print Solid came yesterday. Had several problems with the 3D printed case.

I noted the other day the back was messed up, still as that was on 3 tries. The button was too tight a fit for the opening in the front cover. Also had to file out the LCD panel opening a little to get it to fit. The case front anyway, was perfect fit (other than the button / opening, too tight to function, not important anywho. . One pain was that the screw pattern DID NOT match up, something CHANGED?

Anyway....... I made my own showcase back for it using a bad print where the solid back plate printed fine but the rest did not print. I made a back using very thick clear Plexiglas. I needed thick Plexiglas to facilitate mounting hinges. The cables seem shorter than expected and decide it might be too tight (or stretch ) so I mounted on the side of my Robo. I made a white plastic plate that mounts via the 2 side cover screws and raised for SD card overhang (beyond the LCD case side).

I took a photo of my Robo with the swing out LCD controller, (hope it uploads OK)
    I plan to add Velcro to hold the LCD in the flat position. The photo shows both the LCD flat against the Robo side and swing out. Forgive the lack of a control knob, I plan to find a better knob instead of the one I printed.

Attached Files:

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. arealgijoe

arealgijoe New Member

Here I will try and upload the image and have it show larger & complete;

Robo 3D w-LCDcont 2x.jpg

Mike Kelly and KTMDirtFace like this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Now that's what we like to see, printing success :)

4. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I don't have that LCD exactly but i had to file the button holes a tiny bit when i printed my case too.

nice work