1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

KTMDirtFace's Robo3d

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by KTMDirtFace, May 19, 2015.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Jams galore, failed prints lately. Since i need to tear it all down again to fix it. I went ahead and ordered the E3D V6 and the stud thermostat from matthew @ printed solid.

2. KTMDirtFace

Oh yea I also ordered a new PrintinZ Zebra plate 10x10 inch from Wayne @ PrintinZ.com for my robo.

I don't have it yet but he sent me this picture of a customer with a robo and a zebra plate. He said they used Small office clips and removed the handles

NOT my robo/Pics I wonder how he removes these clips? pictures are from a customer Wayne@printinZ sent me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://printinz.com/zebra-plates/ you have to click buy button to get to the page that shows you the sizes and prices.

he's been real helpful and I like the plate on my replicator 2. Its been working great on my replicator 2. Large ABS prints are an issue but PLA and Colorfabb XT work great. Large ABS prints tend to pull so hard they delaminate and warp the bed plate itself( does seem to go back after you remove print ). smaller abs prints work fine. Its not as flat as glass, mine does have a low spot. Wayne says he tries to catch those. I can just flip it over and use the other side if its a problem the white and black side are the same material. He did say if it became a problem he would replace it for me. its not that big of a deal to me.

Prints come off easier than on build tak, and if they dont you can pull the plate off and bend it by hand which usually breaks them free.

#42 KTMDirtFace, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Mike Kelly and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. KTMDirtFace

My robo has been down for a few weeks, got new parts. messed up bearings had to order more.

I got a E3D V6 while I was at it I installed the wire chain, the couplers and whatnot. also installed an oiler

New carriage for wire chain. 80% infil printed on my replicator 2.
    [​IMG]

Drilled and bored
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Operating table
    [​IMG]

New Couplers
    [​IMG]

New Oiler
    [​IMG]

Had to remount the wire chain 3 times. it kept hitting the stepper motor. -Pro Tip- bolt it as far against the robo wall as you can!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. KTMDirtFace

I'm getting z banding way worse than ever before. it seems like my right side one wobbles quite a bit? any ideas? thought these couplers were supposed to make it better.

first print.. z lines look really bad. i think its because the right side rod is doing a crazy wobble the left one seems solid. any ideas on how to fix? I followed novice experts video and bought the couplers he linked on amazon.

Dimension wise my 20x20x20 cube here came out perfect.
    [​IMG]

#44 KTMDirtFace, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you follow the advice from the banding thread?
    @Ziggy has some good research in there.

If memory serves the ball bearing in the coupler was the fix...

6. KTMDirtFace

No where is that thread?

Just ordered the lead screw upgrade as well :)

#46 KTMDirtFace, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

8. KTMDirtFace

That link doesn't appear to work.

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

10. KTMDirtFace

I'm a complete bozo.. somehow ( Beer? ) when I put it back together I didn't get the rods into the holders in the top of the cover. They were lined up but i must have moved it before i put the screws in. Lol that was causing all sorts of issues. ( bed leveling, sticking, and zband issues ). Its all good now and working great.

11. KTMDirtFace

I think I had a big troubleshooting thread were I could NOT get anything with a smallish print to extrude properly. So i made an oiler..and it solved all my problems. I have since removed the oiler and everything is still printing great. I cannot say what happend in between I still dont get it.

Anyway.

These would not print the last bit.. I just printed 4 in a row for a friend. with no issues. He keeps breaking them but his mobius is still alive ( its a mobius case for his mini 250 FPV quadcopter. )
    [​IMG]

Jimmy Husain and mark tomlinson like this.
  12. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Don't you ever clean your print bed? :D

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The oiler just does constant re-seasoning. Once you have seasoned the nozzle it will last for *some* time. Just re-add the oiler or re-season if it starts jamming up again. I just left mine on when doing PLA. I even occasionally remember to add oil :)

14. KTMDirtFace

Lol thats only from a couple prints. and as soon as I clean it buildTak is going back on. I hate cleaning it

15. KTMDirtFace

Ruined my last piece of BuilTak.. installed my Zebra Plate. Was a little concerned because the center bows up a little and then mashed down on auto level. I thought it might throw the auto level values off.. but first couple prints have been working just fine. ( In PLA ) ..

Edit: after a couple prints/heat cycles the zebra plate seems to have flattened out a bit more in the center.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#55 KTMDirtFace, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Mike Kelly likes this.
  16. jtn7040

jtn7040 Active Member

Do you like it better than the build tak?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

17. KTMDirtFace

I like both Depends what I'm doing.

Large ABS prints. BuildTak all day. BuildTak is really hard to remove prints from..and the ABS wont warp it up off the bed...you actual ABS will probably stress crack instead lol.

Everything else the PrintinZ zebra is more convenient and it comes off, and stuff doesn't stick to it as crazy as on BuildTak. Large abs prints are too much for the printinz plates and start pulling it apart and de-laminating it.

18. KTMDirtFace

Small steps, but this print has been one I have wanted to print since about when I got my Robo.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:267039

I always had some sort of failure..i must have tried 10+ times. and they are not quick prints.

FINALLY i have my robo dialed in I think and I was able to print both parts over the last couple of days. YESSSSSSS. Its my favorite spool holder..i have tried a few others.

[​IMG]

This is a rare sight.. BOTH of my printers printing at the same time and printing well. LOL.. the Rep2 modded is pretty much my ABS whore.
    [​IMG]

Sonny's Robo3D likes this.
  19. KTMDirtFace

#59 KTMDirtFace, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Sonny's Robo3D and JTM88 like this.
  20. KTMDirtFace

Boat!

Left is ABS in a fully enclosed modified replicator 2.

Right is ESUN Black PETG on the Robo...

the ESUN PETG/ROBO won by a mile.... hard for me to take pictures with my junky phone..but the ESUN PETG/ROBO is damn near perfect...the ABS(white) printed...but it was pretty much a mess I wanted to stop it because of how much it was curling onto itself on the bow of the boat.

[​IMG]

ABS Replicator2
    [​IMG]

ESUN PETG/ROBO
    [​IMG]

BOTH.. really hard for me to get a good picture.
    [​IMG]

Jimmy Husain likes this.