1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Simplify 3d

Discussion in 'Software' started by John Rygg, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Mike Kelly likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The cool thing is you can easily setup a model to print like that.
    Different temperatures (at different layers even), different infill type (and %) all in one 'print' just use a set of profiles.

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

These additional features are awesome! I actually just realized last night that S3D didn't have combing, and now it does :) (avoid crossing perimeters under the advanced tab),

I'll toss out a self plug here for those of you considering this, but turned off by the no trial period thing, let me slice a model for you. I'm even up for doing a gchat with a bunch of people at some point to walk through features. I signed up with these guys a few weeks ago and am now selling licenses through printedsolid.com. I can't discount it per contract, but I can bundle it with other stuff at a discount ;)

Regarding the infill: Those options are neat, but speaking as a mechanical engineer... Don't expect any infill patterns to do much for your part's strength. 3D honeycomb is a neat concept, but realistically, unless you're printing multiple shells for your infill, it's really not doing anything for you. The single wall infill is too weak and your highest stresses are typically at outermost fibers anyways. Shells for strength. Infill for internal support. If you want to print a mostly hollow part for strength purposes, you've got to design it in yourself. Never mind me though, prove it to yourself. Print a part with 6 perimeters and hollow, then try the same part with a heavy infill and 2 shells and see which is stronger.

4. Printrrnoob

Printrrnoob Member

Hello everyone. I'm really trying to weigh my options on this program. It just seems so overly expensive. If it was say $50, I could justify giving it a try. So I'm here to ask why it's worth it. I heard it is great for support material, but it's sad because any software could do this. Is it so good to the point of where I could print something like an ironman helmet or really nice models? And what else makes it so much better to justify the price. Thank you for any answers.

5. Bill Monroe

Bill Monroe Member

I dont know anyone who bought that's sorry.

It's all I use now....... Repe, cura, slic3r.. all uninstalled. the new 3.0 version is even better...

#245 Bill Monroe, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  6. Printrrnoob

Printrrnoob Member

What do you mean? You have it or you don't?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

7. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

Love it, been using it since October, so glad I bought it. Worth every penny.

8. James Harry

James Harry Active Member

What slicer does 3d honeycomb?

Usin' Tapatalk

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Slic3r (current stable version)

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

It was the next best chunk of money spent for me after buying the printer.
    I spent over a year using the free ones and getting decent repeatable results (mostly with Repetier).
    Do not regret that purchase (and it is a lifetime license for up to 3 machines).

11. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Contact @Printed Solid

He is so confident in the product that he is willing to slice a model for you so you can evaluate it.

12. D3DStudios

D3DStudios Member

I am thinking about getting this for my robo3d printer, is it easy to setup with windows 7?

13. James Harry

James Harry Active Member

Well worth the $, very easy to set up. Take the time to set it up properly for the Robo3D (lots of good info here in the forums). I had it prior to my Robo3D for my RepRap and now with the Robo3D.

14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I haven't tried the latest version (3) with 7 (I had already upgraded to 8.1 and now to 10) but it worked fine with 7 when I had v2.x and Windows 7 going on.

15. Robb

Robb Member

Buy buy buy!!!

Super easy to setup and amazing software. Worth every penny.

16. Printed Solid

Staff Member

I run mine on a windows 7 PC. No problem.
    If you get one here and put a note on the order, I can send you a free colorfabb sample pack for your trouble :)

17. D3DStudios

D3DStudios Member

Thank you everyone, I hope I can purchase it today. I want to use their fda approved filament to make some cheese molds.

18. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Awesome. You might want to look into the food contact thing a bit, especially if it is cheese that you are selling. There is a difference between FDA listed raw material and a food safe mold. You can DM me if you want to chat.

19. D3DStudios

D3DStudios Member

Thank you PrintedSolid, I will not be selling it. it will be for private use.

By the way I will be getting simplefly 3d from you, just not right now. I only got $60 dollars And it costs $149

20. Gary Osterholt

Gary Osterholt New Member

Just purchased my copy of the program, mainly for the support features. Just need to get it setup to work with the Robo 3D R1

robert sanchez likes this.