1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bed unlevel after a week of use. (My fix)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wigren1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. wigren1

wigren1 New Member

Hey guys i wanted to share my findings. This is my 2nd robo 3d R1 and everything was going well for about a week. I was printing literally 24 hours a day with it. then today when i went to start the next print in my queue no matter how many times i tried to level it it would never do it properly. the bed was severely out of line the back left was lower than the front left by 1.22mm which was causing the first layer to be too smashed up front and not even touching in the back.

Heres how i fixed this:
    I measured all around the bed to see the height it was sitting at from the rail system and found that the back was lower. Im not sure how or why maybe the constant heat loosened some glue.
    The magnet that attaches the bed in the back had moved out of place and was not sticking up as far as the others.

I tried using a heat gun and some very powerful magnets to pull it out a bit but i was unable. What i ended up doing was taking a notecard and using a hole punch i made several "Shims" that i placed where the magnet makes contact. i started with one then measured the bed again and was close but not quite, added another shim and it was damn near spot on!

I ran a test print just laying down a few layers around the beds perimiter and everything is printing smooth and even now.

I really hope this helps anyone having this same issue
    If you have any questions please feel free to ask no matter how dumb or lame they may sound.
    I will do my best to help!

Mike Kelly likes this.
  2. wigren1

wigren1 New Member

One thing i should add if you are having trouble leveling.

CLEAN YOUR BED!
    i mean clean it well. take you time and go slow.
    I have had a slight build up of hairspray over multiple prints and additional layers throw it off. not much but it was enough to make some layers less than perfect.

mark tomlinson likes this.