1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Taulman Alloy 910

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by mark tomlinson, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Droid

Droid Member

I'm doing my first print with this stuff right now. well see how it goes.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. Mike Giraud

Mike Giraud New Member

Mark,
    I'm just starting out with nylons. I started with bridge and will try 910 in a day so so once my shipment from Printed Solid arrives. I had significant moisture absorption issues with the Taulman bridge even on freshly unwrapped spools. My best prints are after I freshly oven dry a spool at 200F.

Does 910 have similar hygroscopic properties as bridge? Are you using a drybox to help with water absorption? Any tips on this are appreciated. I'm in Texas and my garage shop gets pretty humid. I'm working on a drybox design now, but curious if you had any issues with moisture.

-Mike Giraud

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I keep all the nylon in Ziploc bags that have desiccant in them.
    The Taulman 910 I just leave open on the feeding spool tree I use. It does not seem to suffer from moisture absorption like generic nylon does. If you are worried about it then seal it in a bag with desiccant as well.

I am in Florida. We know humidity. :)

Yes, most of the nylons are harder to print well when wet. None of the other materials I have tried run into the same issues. They might get surface defects from steam bubbles, but that is about it. Nylon though is very much a beast when wet.

4. David Sparrow

David Sparrow Member

Love the material but still trying to get clean prints. What are people using for an extrusion factor?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

This is another thing that may be printer specific.
    Start by making sure that you have calibrated the extruder (so that it is extruding the correct amounts).

6. David Sparrow

David Sparrow Member

How do you calibrate that. I have simplify3d. Is it a built in test or do I download STL from thingiverse and keep printing until I have it adjusted?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member