1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cant get Robo3D to print (beginner)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ed N, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Ed N

Ed N New Member

Hi all,

We are beginners in 3D printing

Our lab just received our Robo3D printer, I downloaded Mattercontrol 1.4 on my Windows 10 dell laptop, and I connected to the printer. I tried to print a part, and it seemed to prepare just fine (temps increased and printer calibrated position). Then when it begins printing the gears rotate and the printer moves around fine as they should but no filament is released, thus it wont print.

We then connected an Asus laptop with Win 8.1 and an older software version of mattercontrol (1.2.3) and did the exact same procedure, and this time it printed normal. We tried changed the software to 1.2.3 on the Dell Win 10 and it didn't fix it. Everything seems to work fine on printer, just won't print with this laptop.

Hard to find anything on the internet too...

Ed

2. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

try a different slicer. Mattercontrol is the worst slicer out there. I would suggest Cura or Repetier Host.

3. Ed N

Ed N New Member

Hello Jbigler,

We downloaded Cura 15.04.2 and it worked!, it is currently printing a demo but it seems to have fixed the issue. still doesnt explain why this was happening though...

4. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Well Mattercontrol has lots of bugs and does lots of weird things. Using a different slicer fixes a lot of issues people have.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes. This.

As with all free software it can be a mixed bag. In the case of MC it is not a mixed bag of 'fruit'. :)

I like to think they are trying...

janot928 likes this.