1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printhead lifts off bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by NutsnBolts, Feb 4, 2016.

1. NutsnBolts

NutsnBolts New Member

Every time I try to print a file the printer will go through the homing axis procedure and the head keeps lifting off the table higher and higher. Then it starts printing in the air. If I stop it and adjust the Z axis down so the head is in contact with the table it will do the homing axis again and just when it looks like its going to work it lifts up about an inch and prints in the air again. What do I need to do to get this thing printing right? Thanks.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One of your Z axis home switches is mis-positioned and constantly triggering.
    The Crossbar has to sit on the switch contact for the Z axis sensor to work. Otherwise it thinks the bar is lifted (and that the extruder is on the bed)

3. NutsnBolts

NutsnBolts New Member

Thanks. I did figure that out finally. But now when I send jobs to the printer it does its calibration, all seems fine, but as soon as it starts to print it lifts off the bed a bit. I have to stop the job. Then wait all over again after making adjustment to z axis either by app or manually spinning rods down. When I finally get it fixed I will go to print something else and go through the same issues. Calibrates fine then lifts off bed about an inch. Then at that point my head quits feeding the ABS. Takes a bit to get it cleared out and coming out of the head again. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What are your G29 response codes in the terminal