1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Removing Prints from the Bed...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Chris MeaD, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Chris MeaD

Chris MeaD New Member

Hey Everyone!

So I've had my printer for just about a month now. It's probably been going non-stop since. I've had a bit of a rocky start but that's all behind me and I'm printing successful prints just about everytime now. The only thing I find difficult is getting things off the damn bed.

Is there any good tips, tricks or advice you can shoot my way to remove my prints.?

My adhesion is amazing! I feel like I'm going to break the glass sometimes.
    Give a little more info I use a glue stick on the bed. Tired hairspray didn't like it. To get it off I just use the scraper it came with. Do I need something else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I use the scraper that came with it, wait till its cooled and give it a good whack, they usually go flying :)

I use build Tak now so its nearly impossible for me to get prints off I have to be really careful. But when i was just printing on the glass just sliding the scraper ( not prying ) into the side of the print pretty good would pop it off the glass.

3. Chris MeaD

Chris MeaD New Member

Ha! A good whack was not what I was expecting to read as advice. Made me laugh pretty good. I could see how that would work though.

I've tried it both ways warm bed and cold bed didn't see a difference. I'll keep it cooled and then "whack" it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Trama

Trama Member

I just started using wolfbite nano for pla. It is a game changer. Prints just pop off almost every time. Before that I actually sharpened the scraper to have a knife edge. That allowed it to get under the print easier and pop of prints.

Chris MeaD and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. Chris MeaD

Chris MeaD New Member

Sweet. I'll check that out. I was thinking there was probably something out there to help.

6. WarDarkFox

WarDarkFox New Member

Aye i Have really good adhesion as well. I sometimes use the scrapper and give the bottom a few good hits before it comes off. If the file it large enough I give it a few taps in a couple places and then just knock it off. The glass is surprisingly tough for what I've done so far. Worse case stick it in the freezer and try again lol

7. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

I use Elmer's Xtreme glue stick and hairspray sometimes but when they get really stuck I just make sure it's cooled off and then use a wet sponge. Get the water around the edges of the print and let it soak for awhile.

8. Billm

Billm Member

I have been using rave hairspray, heating the glass to 70 deg c, and when its cooled off completely the parts just lift off.

9. Chris MeaD

Chris MeaD New Member

I just bought some rave hairspray. I'll try that. Last time I used hairspray it didn't come off but I didn't have the bed that hot and I don't know it was all the way cooled yet.

Thanks for the tip.

10. StaticPain

StaticPain New Member

I use a damp paper towel and clean up around the edges of the print, seems to help things pop of easier without using a lot of force.