1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Nozzle temp. dropping during print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jbar3d, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jbar3d

jbar3d New Member

I have a Robo3D R1+ and my last two I have had trouble with my last few PLA prints. After about 30 minutes of printing the nozzle temp drops and it gets stuck because the the filament cools off. I have tried pausing the print and waiting but the temp. keeps dropping. I am using Matter Control.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. WarDarkFox

WarDarkFox New Member

Try switching to cura and see if the problem happens? could be either an issue with matter controller or the connection between USB and printer is not correct.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Look in the console log for any errors as well.

4. jbar3d

jbar3d New Member

Thanks. I will give it a try.

5. Trama

Trama Member

Have you made any upgrades to the fan shrouds? When I upgraded mine I had to adjust fan speed percentages because they were cooling down the heater block to fast and caused the print to stop. There's some form of overheat protection on the new r1+ that if the heater can't stay at temp and try's to keep up it just turns off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jbar3d

jbar3d New Member

Thank you for the suggestion but I haven't made any upgrades for changes to the printer.

7. jbar3d

jbar3d New Member

I figured out the problem. What had done is change the slice engine in matter control to Cura. I switched it back to Matterslice and that solved the problem. I don't know why Cura would cause me the issue of the nozzle temp. dropping but it is resolved now. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Jeff